Peppermint tea is a perfect staple to keep in your kitchen cabinets. Not only can it ease a stomach ache and help with digestion, it can also be used as a beauty aid to make your hair and skin glow.
- Peppermint tea has been used since ancient times to aid in all kinds of beauty rituals. The primary reason is peppermint oil contains menthol, which is good for the skin.
- Peppermint tea is caffeine-free and natural, and its scent is used commonly in aromatherapy for relief from tension and stress.
- Peppermint tea is also a wonderful source of vitamin A, C, K, E, beta carotene, vitamin B-complex, and calcium.
Peppermint tea for your health:
- The scent of peppermint tea has been shown to increase memory and alertness
- Help relieve motion sickness or nausea.
- Drinking peppermint tea on a regular basis has also been proven to protect from sinuses, colds, coughs, and sore throats.
- If you get sick regularly during the cold winter months, sip a mug of peppermint tea for some instant relief.
Peppermint tea to treat greasy skin:
Menthol has been proven to lower secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands.
This toner will help with controlling your acne-prone skin and leaving your oil-free all day long.
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- ½ cup boiled water
- Steep the tea bag in water for ten minutes
- Cool and store in your refrigerator for up to four days.
- Use this mixture as a toner to keep your skin’s oil at bay all day long.
Cure skin irritation:
- Peppermint tea is known to soothe skin allergies and irritation.
- The cooling properties of peppermint tea can also reduce insect bites, rashes, skin inflammation and burns.
- If your skin is inflamed due to harsh winter weather, or sunburn following a day at the beach, apply wet tea bags to the affected skin. This will take out the sting and give you cooling relief.
Shop My Beautiful Daughters!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.