Fact: Did you know that just a 5% drop in bodily fluid can drain your energy by 15%. 15%! Imagine how much more you could get done with 15% more energy.
Drinking enough water during the day benefits your body both inside and out. Being properly hydrated helps your body process nutrients at top capacity. Your liver for example is 96% water, which means it can be greatly impacted by dehydration. Skin is your bodies largest organ, it relies on water to help with cellular processes and to stay youthful looking. Need more reasons why you should drink water, here are 6!
- When your skin is properly hydrated it appears plump and youthful. Skin that is plump from proper water levels doesn’t show wrinkles as much as dehydrated skin does. Decreased wrinkles, isn’t that reason enough to add a couple glasses of water to your daily routine?
- Drinking water not only hydrates your body, it also fills up your stomach. Studies have shown that people who drink water consistently throughout the day are more likely to lose weight. The water keeps them feeling full and they are less likely to overeat. Try drinking a large glass of water before every meal, it will help you feel full, and avoid eating extra calories your body doesn’t need.
- Did you know that drinking 8 - 10 cups of water a day can increase your brain function by 30%. Getting that big work project completed is a lot easier when your brain is firing on all cylinders, water can help make that happen.
- Drinking water throughout the day helps to remove toxins from your body. Imagine how much healthier your skin will appear, with a decrease in toxins. Remember what’s happening on the inside of your body will reflect on the outside.
- Water is a natural stress reliever. It doesn’t matter if you are drinking water, taking a steamy hot shower, or listening to ocean waves on your iPod. Water helps the mind relax.
- Warm water will help open your pores to flush out makeup and oils that buildup throughout the day. On the other hand cold water closes pores helping to prevent outside contaminants from invading your pores.